Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Grace's postcard is done and in the mail.  Too bad I don't have a picture to show.  Yep, I forgot to take one before I sent it.  I'll have to get one after she opens it.

On another note my version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery "En Provence" is a flimsy.




 I absolutely love the way it turned out .  The red, white , blue and black worked perfectly in this quilt .  And I can't leave out the gray.  Bonnie had dark pink where I have the light gray stars.
This is one I would really like to see done and on my bed.  Too bad, there are other tops that have to be done first. 


At quilt guild we are doing a row by row quilt .  In January those wanting to participate brought in a 36" long strip of what ever blocks made them happy.  It didn't matter what height the rows were just that they were 36" long. Every month we will pass to the next person on our list.  We won't see what was done to accompany our original blocks until the reveal in October or November.  Here is what I have to turn in tonight at guild.  The top row is what I was working with.  The second row is the one I made.  Both rows are 12" by 36" but the top row was bordered with black fabric which makes it look quite a bit smaller than the one I made.  I clearly marked the original section so the one who gets it next will work from it and not from mine since they look so much different.




In the barn block I decided to add a little humor.  There is a spider in the top window, a pig in the left and a chicken in the right.  That added a little black to the blocks to go with the original row.


I do wish that I had gone with a different color for the block on the left.  It should have been blue or just anything but pink.  In my opinion it blends too much with the red barn.  But since I am a procrastinator I didn't have enough time to make another one.  So it is what it is.  My block patterns came from a book by Lori Holt called Farm Girl Vintage.  I love that book!

Happy quilting.

Julie

1 comment:

Sewnwildoaks said...

Your version of En Provence is one of the prettiest I've seen Julie. Love your use of fabrics. Well done!