Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Last night I had the opportunity to see Kaffe Fassett give a lecture on color.  He did a great job describing how the things he sees influence his choice of color.
I really couldn't say how long he spoke.  There wasn't a moment that I wanted to stop listening and look at the time.  Nothing at all what I expected.  Very entertaining.  We were sitting about 15' away from the stage. So close that there was no chance we were going to miss a thing.
There may have been a few, okay more than a few, people in the audience laugh or gasp when he shared his opinion of the colors of Thimbleberries. Let's just say it's not the highest.

He graciously signed all the books that were brought to him and continued to answer questions that were asked.

All in all I'd have to say it was a very good evening. The evening was made even better because I spent it with my daughter (a non-quilter, but an artist nonetheless) and my sister ( a proficient quilter).

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: