Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, June 29, 2015

Something is sitting across from my desk that makes me want to be home sewing.  My new sewing machine was delivered today!

Finally, an extra machine that I can take for Sit and Sew. This will be so much easier to pack and carry than my Janome.

It is a small machine but appears to have all the features I don't want to do without.  Things like an auto threader and a top loading visible bobbin.  As long as I can sew a quarter inch with it I should be a happy girl.

I'll admit - the second picture was taken close up so that the damage to the box showed.  YES, UPS it really is a sewing machine in the box.  NO, you shouldn't throw it around.  Hopefully, when I plug it in it all runs smoothly.  I'm sure it will.  But it sure would be another thing on this Monday that has me wishing it was Tuesday.

My morning started with me getting about four miles out of town and remembering that I needed something at home.  So back I went.  Then when I got to work my co-worker came in and told me I had a flat tire.  Really?!  She very nicely called AAA who was right down the street.  A little air and I was off to Walmart.  At Walmart I was told I needed a new tire.  Lucky for me, I bought the road hazard.  Unlucky for me, the paperwork wasn't in the glove box and they were having trouble finding the purchase in their computer.  Another employee who was a little more computer savvy found the December transaction and I didn't have to pay for the new tire.  Just another charge for road hazard for the tire.  2 1/2 hours later and I was back at work.  Yes, 2 1/2 and mine was the second car in line for service.  Monday, Monday go away.

On a brighter note - it's a short week for the holiday so there will be a three day weekend to get lots of sewing done.  

Hope every one else is having a great Monday.

Julie

1 comment:

clarel said...

Hope the new machine is all you want it to be!! Thanks for your visit & help!!