Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Presents

I wanted to shared a couple of things I got for my birthday. 


This is a mini quilt my sister Cathy made for me.  Isn't it perfect. She hit so many of the things I like about quilting. First of all it's rather scrappy. I especially love the neutrals she used.  She used blues which always work for me. And of course it's a Bonnie Hunter pattern, Midnight Flight.  But best of all it's a handmade gift from my sister.   I have just the place that has been dreaming of a quilt for its very own. 

And this little lovely is a vase my daughter Jennifer made for me.  Aren't I the lucky one.  This is never going to photograph well.  There are too many dark colors in it.  I think Jen said something about black and being 50.  I prefer to see it as very dark purple.  And as can be seen the inside is purple.


It was a great birthday. And since it was so nice I've decided not to celebrate any more.

Happy sewing.

Julie

No comments: