Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, October 25, 2010

First Quilt Show

After hemming and hawing forever about it, I decided to put a quilt in the Maple Leaf Festival Quilt Show in Baldwin City, KS.  It was not a show that handed out prizes to the best or worst so just the place for my fragile quilting ego to start out. 
The drama was finding a parking place so Mom, Jennifer and I could go view my quilt and the other quilts of course.  Ended up that Jennifer and I ran into the the show.  Looked at all 122 quilts (I was told that amount by Sharon at Quilter's Paradise).  And left to go back to Mom who was sitting in the car three blocks away.  It was a let down that Mom couldn't see the show and that we couldn't take our time.  Baldwin City definitely needs a larger venue and more parking for their quilt show.  But I do thank them for the opportunity to let me show one of my quilts for the first time.

No comments: