Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I have too many projects started right now - but what the heck, let's start another one.

This is the first of something like 45 or 46 Moda Blockhead mystery blocks. They release a new block every Wednesday.  I've also finished the second one but don't have a picture on my phone of it.  I love the way this one turned out but don't really have enough variety of vintage pinks to work with to keep it going.  So I'm either going to have to go really scrappy or change my colors.  I looked at buying more pinks but didn't find anything I wanted to spend the money on right now.  Guess I don't love it that much.

I am, however,  loving the alphabet quilt from Lori Holt's book Spelling Bee.  I now have all of the letters and punctuation blocks done.  Since this picture was taken I have also made 12(?) of the seventeen picture blocks.  Some of the picture blocks she used I'm not going to put in my quilt.  They are cute but a kid wouldn't have a clue what they are without an explanation.  For instance she has a rotary dial telephone and a typewriter block. I'm sure they are still around but this quilt is intended for a child and those two things will never have any meaning for them.  While I'm working on the blocks for this quilt I'm using the sashing pieces for the Farm Girl Vintage quilt as my leader/enders.

 


This happened last week.  My car hit 200,000 miles.  I half expected to look in the rearview mirror and see pieces and parts falling off and hitting the road behind me but that still hasn't happened.  And knock on wood it doesn't happen very soon. For 20 plus years I've traded in my cars when they get just over 90,000 miles.  This time I wasn't in a position to do that and luckily this car just keeps going.  Once it went over the 100,000 mark I just decided to drive it till it stops.  Hopefully, it still has a few miles left to go. I'm not ready to start making payments again.

Happy quilting,
Julie


1 comment:

Cathy said...

I need you to help me find these Moda patterns. I've looked but all I'm finding is 2017 patterns. It looks like these blocks finish at 9 or 12 inches. Help. I'm always impressed how you manage to get some quality sewing in all the time. Keep up the good work.