This is actually a picture of what my bed looked like at 9:00 on Sunday night. It does not look like that this morning.
Saturday morning I decided to take these blocks out of the drawer they had been in since 2010. I bought the focus blocks in August of 2010 and immediately went to work on them. I wrote several of my first blog posts about these blocks. And as soon as I had the over three hundred 4" blocks done I promptly put them in a drawer.
As of this morning I have this top over half way put together. Everything above the sunflower block is sewn together. Half of it is hanging off the side of the bed. This quilt probably won't look good hanging up because there won't be the same amount of 4" blocks above, below and beside the focus blocks. I am making this to fit on a queen bed. Therefore, more is needed to hang off each side and the end. We'll see. I don't have a pattern other than what I am coming up with and so it is still a work in progress. As a matter of fact I have still been making a few blocks.
Friday night I finished this baby quilt top. I really like the way it turned out.
Be sure to check out all of the great design wall posts at Patchwork Times .